September 2018 Prayer Letter!
- Hello from China! As I look back over the past month, I see that God has been there every step of the way, and I know he will continue to be there as we serve him each day. Praise the Lord that He is faithful. Here are some praises from the past month.
- Last month, I asked you to pray for my friend John who I am studying the Bible with in Chinese. We have studied together four times now. He told me this last time that he is having a hard time believing that God created the world. He realizes that he is a sinner, but is just not sure if God is real. Please pray for God to continue working in his heart!
- Studying the Bible with John has had the additional blessing of being a big help in my Chinese language studies. I have finally gotten to the point where I can start teaching the Bible in Chinese. I have a long way to go to be able to do it fluently, but praise the Lord I am on the road! Please pray for God to help me meet more people that would be willing to study the Bible with me and help me in the language！
- Now that school is back in, we started back up the English corner at a local university. We were expecting about 10 people or so to show up this past week and ended up having about eighteen students come! I was able to share the Gospel with them all. Right after we got done, the guy managing the coffee shop we were holding the English corner at wanted to talk to me. He said that he didn’t like that I talked about Jesus and asked that the next English corner I not mention Jesus. So, we will be moving to a different place where we can continue telling people about Jesus. Please be praying for this outreach.
- I have been really proud of Nancy and how hard she has been working at Chinese. She has made a lot of progress this month. Also, while she was out practicing the language she was able to meet and make friends with two girls that she is trying to reach out to. Please pray for their salvation!